Opening time 9AM to 9PM
KGP Hospital has been providing quality health care since 2007 for the people of Shimoga and beyond.Initially started as a neighbourhood hospital , has now made its mark among the people of Shimoga. We have recently renovated and added newer facilities to serve you better.
We mainly specialize in surgical and urological care and have recently on July 2014 inaugurated our UROLOGY speciality unit "HI-TECH KIDNEY STONE CENTER".
Dr. G.V. Soundra Pandyan ( MD KGP HOSPITAL )
Dr G.V.S. Pandyan completed his MBBS from Karnataka Medical College, Hubli in 1982. Following that he completed his post-graduation in M.S General Surgery at Bangalore Medical College under the eminent guidance of Prof C. Vittal, in 1987. Later he joined as Asst. Surgeon and worked as a surgeon at DistrictMcGann Hospital, Shimoga He later went abroad in 1992 and worked in quality referral hospitals in various countries (Libya, Yemen, Saudi Arabia) till 2009. During his tenure there he specialized in urological and laparoscopic surgeries working with eminent international consultants.
He got his Phd in Urology and worked as a consultant urologist at Assir Central Hospital affiliated to King Khalid University for 9 years. He later shifted back to India and established KGP Hospital a multispecialty hospital at Shimoga. With a passion for stone disease recently in July 2014 recently set up a speciality unit "HI-TECH KIDNEY STONE CENTER". With ESWL unit from US Ecnolith 2000 one of its kind in Shimoga.
- FICS (Urology), Fellow International College Of Surgeons
- Associate Fellow UROLOGICAL SOCIETY OF INDIA
- AFAEM; Associate Fellow Accident & Emergency Medicine, UK.(2002)
- FARSI, Fellow Association of Rural Surgeons of India (2009)
- FASI, Fellow Association Of Surgeons of India
- CONSULTANT UROLOGIST FROM 2009 TO DATE…
- KGP Hospital, 100 feet road, Vinobanagar, Shimoga
Visiting Consultant Urologist from 2009 to date
- Basaveshwara Hospital, Shimoga
- Priyanka Hospital Shimoga
- Malnad Cancer Hospital, Shimoga
- Vaatsalya Hospital
- Metro United Healthcare
- Sagar Kidney Foundation
- Endourological, Laparoscopic & Operative Urology
- ESWL (Extra Corporal Shock Wave Lithotripsy)
- Uro-dynamic Studies
- General and Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Research & Publication for the department of Urology, ACH (2001-09)
RESEARCH & ACADEMICS
Keen Interest in Research and Academics:
- Organized Zonal and Regional Urology conferences in KSA.
- Teaching and guiding UG and PG students in Urology at Assir Central Teaching Hospital for 9 years towards research and publications. Published articles in various International Journals ( 3 original articles & 4 case reports and 3 other articles in review process).
- Fracture Penis : An Analysis of 26 Cases, TSW Urology (2006) 1, 32-38. Iatrogenic Ureteric Injuries occurring during Obstetric and Gynaecological procedures: Saudi Med J 2007; Vol. 28 (1),
- Blunt Renal Trauma in a Pre-Existing Renal Lesion: TSW Urology (2006) 1, 39-43.
- Endometriosis Presenting as Hydronephrosis: ScientificWorldJournal. 2005 Oct 16;5:845-51
- Spindle cell lipoma of the spermatic cord Saudi Med J. 2004 May; 25(5):667-8.
- An unusual case of obstructive Uropathy: Cystitis Cystica with Ureteritis cystic, Indian J Surg 2005;67:
KGP Hospital Hi- Kidney Stone Center
make an appointment